This is not uncommon! What you are smelling is any dust or other particles resting on the heating element burning off during the heating process. This typically happens if the grill is brand new or has not been used in a while.
Articles in this section
- Where can I find Electric Q Recipes?
- What does the red light mean on my Electric Q?
- Can I use my Electric Q inside?
- When starting my Electric Q for the first time I smell a slight burning. Is this normal?
- Does food on the Electric Q taste different?
- Should I bring my temperature controller inside?
- Can I use my Electric Q when it's raining or snowing?
- Can I add side tables to my Electric Q?
- Can I use an extension cord with my Electric Q?
- Can I plug an Electric Q into an outlet on the RV?