Auger jam has been detected. The grill will attempt to clear the auger jam.
To clear the E1 error code from the controller, please follow these steps:
1. When the grill has completed the shutdown procedure and completely cooled, power off the grill and unplug from power source.
2. Remove the cooking grates, Flavorizer bars, heat diffuser, and heat baffle from the cookbox.
3. Using a Phillips screwdriver, remove the pellet slide from the fire pot, and shut the grill lid.
4. From the rear of your SmokeFire grill, place a large bucket or container underneath the middle of the hopper.
5. Pull the hopper slide door located on the rear of the hopper to release into the container below.
6. From the rear of your SmokeFire grill, remove the rear access panel by removing four screws.
7. Disconnect wire connection from the motor by pinching the clip and pulling the quick disconnect plug.
8. Remove the auger/motor assembly by first removing the two screws from the bracket. Carefully slide and twist the auger/motor assembly out and away from the grill.
Note: Visually note the orientation of the motor when attached to the auger tube.
9. Remove the auger and motor from the auger tube by first removing the four fastening screws, then pull and twist the auger and motor out from the auger tube.
10. Clean the auger tube and auger/motor to remove any pellets and debris that may have been jamming the auger.
11. Before installing the auger and motor back into the auger tube, verify that the shear pin is still intact. Both sides of the pin should be fully engaged and visible. The auger should not pull away from the motor. If the shear pin is broken, it should be replaced before reassembling. Contact a Weber Customer Service Representative in your area using the contact information on our website for a replacement.
12. Reinstall the auger/motor by sliding the auger through the auger tube and fastening it with four screws.
Caution: Make sure the auger/motor is in the correct orientation when reinstalling into the auger tube.
13. Reinstall the auger/motor assembly by slowly and carefully sliding it back into the grill and securing it with two screws.
Note: Use care to avoid tearing the auger tube gasket when reinstalling the auger/motor assembly. If damaged, replacement gaskets can be ordered by contacting a Weber Customer Service Representative in your area using the contact information on our website.
14. Connect the motor’s electrical connection. Make sure the connector is securely joined to the motor.
15. Reinstall the rear access panel.
16. Push the hopper slide door closed.
17. Open the hopper lid and fill the hopper with your choice of Weber SmokeFire Premium Hardwood Pellets.
18. Open the grill lid and install the pellet slide using a Phillips screwdriver.
Note: Make sure the auger tube is inserted through the pellet slide opening before securing hardware.
19. Reinstall the heat baffle, heat diffuser, Flavorizer bars and cooking grates inside the cookbox.
20. Plug in, power on the grill, and begin a cook to allow the controller to run diagnostics. If the E1 error code still remains on the controller, contact the Customer Service Representative in your area using the contact information on our website.