Lumin can reach temperatures of up to 600°F. Utilizing the steam tray while grilling will affect the temperature registered at the thermometer; however, the temperature at the grate level will still be hot. While steaming or smoking, the thermometer will register lower temperatures than the actual grate temperature. Additionally, using an incorrect extension cord or one that is very long will impact heating performance.
Articles in this section
- What types of dishes can I use to keep the food warm?
- Can I use pellets or briquettes for smoking?
- How/what do you steam? Why does steaming take longer?
- Is food supposed to brown while steaming?
- Can I just steam on the grill?
- Will steaming differ on this grill vs stovetop steamer, oven, or steaming appliance?
- Why does the tray have to be on the right side when steaming, but on the left side while smoking?
- Why am I having trouble searing?
- Why am I having difficulty maintaining high temperatures?