The grill is designed to steam on one side and grill on the other. The hot air from the sear side may impact steaming performance if there is no food being grilled to absorb the heat. If you’d like to steam alone without grilling, you can steam on the whole grill by using the Versatility Expansion Kit (sold separately).
Articles in this section
- What types of dishes can I use to keep the food warm?
- Can I use pellets or briquettes for smoking?
- How/what do you steam? Why does steaming take longer?
- Is food supposed to brown while steaming?
- Can I just steam on the grill?
- Will steaming differ on this grill vs stovetop steamer, oven, or steaming appliance?
- Why does the tray have to be on the right side when steaming, but on the left side while smoking?
- Why am I having trouble searing?
- Why am I having difficulty maintaining high temperatures?