Detailed setup instructions can be found in Low & Slow kit box, but a basic overview is as follows.
- Place the char-ring onto the charcoal grate.
- Fill the char-ring with charcoal briquettes and spread them evenly, just below the top of the char-ring.
- Set the One-Touch™ cleaning system handle to the fully open position.
- Place 3 lighter cubes in the center of the pile of charcoal and light them.
- Once the coals in the center are starting to get gray ash on them place the diffuser plate on top of the char-ring. You can place a drip pan on the diffuser to catch dripping.
- Place the cooking grate on the grill, close the lid, and continue your recipe.