No one wants to worry about keeping the software on their grill up to date. For that reason, Weber Connect grills and devices are designed to receive software updates in the background while you're using them. You shouldn't need to do anything specific to update them when new software is released.
That said, there are a couple of things you can do to ensure they keep themselves up to date:
Connect your grill or device to WiFi. While connected to WiFi, your device will be able to update its own software in the background.
If your WiFi network doesn't reach your grill, the next best thing you can do is enable Bluetooth on your phone so the grill can download updates from the app while you're using it.
If you want to be extra confident that your grill's software is up to date, you can follow the steps below.
1. Make sure you have the latest version of the Weber Connect app by following these instructions: Update the Weber Connect app on your phone or tablet
2. Power up the grill. It doesn't have to be cooking, just make sure the onboard digital controller is active.
3. Launch the app.
4. Go to the Grills tab. If you don't see your grill here, pair your app to your grill by following these instructions: Pair your Weber Connect Hub or grill to your phone or tablet
5. Tap on the icon for your grill to be brought to its Launchpad view.
6. Tap on the ⛭ gear icon in the upper-right corner to see settings for that grill
7. Find the row that says Software Version. Next to "Software Version" there is a version string.
8. If that version string matches the latest version string listed here Latest Weber Connect Software Versions, your grill is running the latest software already.
9. If not, the grill should update on its own within 24 hours as long as it is connected to WiFi.
10. If the grill isn't connected to WiFi, it will need to download new software from the Weber Connect app on your phone via Bluetooth.
11. In this case, the update should start automatically and you should see "Update in Progress" under "Software Version". While this is happening, you can help make sure it completes as quickly as possible by leaving your app open and your phone close to the grill.
12. When the update is complete, you can restart your grill to get it to boot into the new software. You can restart your grill by following these instructions: Reboot your Weber Connect Hub or grill
13. In rare instances, steps 11-12 may need to happen multiple times before your grill gets updated to the latest software, especially if your grill has been out of contact with our system for a number of months.
If you get to step 12 and no update starts automatically, you may need to restart your grill to get it to check for an update again.