Our portable Q series models can be connected to a standard 20 pound QCC1 style propane tank with the adapter hose found here!
The adapter hose will work with the following models.
When using the adapter hose with a Q model, it's important to light the grill a certain way to let the hose pressurize. Otherwise, you might trip a safety device built into the hose.
It's also important to perform a gas leak test whenever you change the LP tank,.
Steps to light your Q correctly:
1. Open the grill lid.
2. Make sure the control knob is in the off position.
3. Turn the valve on the 20 lb. LP tank until it's fully open.
4. Wait 60 seconds. (The hose needs to pressurize to deactivate the safety device)
5. Turn the control knob on the grill to the Start/High position.
6. Press the igniter button.
7. Verify that the burner has been lit.
8. Close the lid, and the grill should reach 500-550°F in about 10 to 15 minutes.