The grill was improperly shut down.
- The grill will automatically run the shutdown procedure if the grill is still hot. Open the grill lid and wait until the grill has completed the shutdown procedure and completely cooled.
Caution: Do not unplug the grill or power it off during the shutdown procedure.
- Once the shutdown procedure is complete, power off the grill and unplug from power source.
- Remove the cooking grates, Flavorizer bars, heat diffuser, and heat baffle from the cookbox.
- Clean the cookbox and burn pot of any ash or debris using a grill brush or scraper to direct it into the ash and grease system.
Caution: Allow time for the ash and debris to fully extinguish before cleaning the grill.
- Remove and clean any ash or grease from inside the ash and grease system. Once cleaned, reinstall the drawer. Replace grease drip pans as needed.
- Reinstall the heat baffle, heat diffuser, Flavorizer bars and cooking grates inside the cookbox.
- Plug in, power on the grill, and begin a cook to allow the controller to run diagnostics.