- The grill will automatically run the shutdown procedure if the grill is still hot. Open the grill lid and wait until the grill has completed the shutdown procedure and completely cooled.
Caution: Do not unplug the grill or power it off during the shutdown procedure.
- Once the shutdown procedure is complete, power off the grill and unplug from power source.
- Open the grill lid and remove the cooking grates, Flavorizer bars, heat diffuser, andheat baffle from the cookbox.
- Clean the cookbox and burn pot of any ash or debris using a grill brush or scraper to direct it into the ash and grease system.
Caution: Allow time for the ash and debris to fully extinguish before cleaning the grill.
- Remove and clean any ash or grease from inside the ash and grease system. Once cleaned, reinstall the drawer. Replace grease drip pans as needed.
- Plug the grill into the power source and power on the grill.
- Turn and push the dial on the controller to select 400°F as your grill temperature.
- As the grill starts to preheat, visually inspect the glow plug at the bottom of the cookbox.
Warning: Do not touch the glow plug to check if it is hot. If the glow plug is operating correctly, it will start to glow in color as it heats.
If the glow plug is operating correctly:
- Reinstall the heat baffle, heat diffuser, Flavorizer bars and cooking grates inside the cookbox.
If the glow plug is not operating correctly:
The grill will remain cool and will not ignite. Shut down the grill by pushing and holding the dial on the controller. Contact the Customer Service Representative in your area using the contact information on our website for glow plug replacement.