To replace the glow plug, please follow these steps:
1. Open the grill lid and shut down the grill by pushing and holding the dial or using the main menu. Wait until the grill has completed the shutdown procedure and completely cooled.
Caution: Do not unplug the grill or turn it off during the shutdown procedure.
2. Once the grill has completed the shutdown procedure, power off the grill and unplug from power source.
3. Open the grill lid and remove the cooking grates, Flavorizer bars, heat diffuser, and heat baffle from the cookbox.
4. From the rear of your SmokeFire grill, remove the rear access panel by removing four screws.
5. Unplug the glow plug assembly wire by pinching and pulling the quick disconnect plug.
6. Carefully remove the glow plug assembly by removing the bracket screw that holds it in place and sliding the assembly out from the grill.
7. Remove the glow plug from the glow plug assembly by pulling it out and away.
8. Install the replacement glow plug into the glow plug assembly by firmly pushing it into the socket. Check that the glow plug is pushed all the way in and the grounding wire is touching the glow plug. You can check for proper alignment here.
9. Carefully reinstall the glow plug assembly straight through the back of the grill, and secure it in place by tightening the bracket screw.
Note: Be sure that the tip of the glow plug has been properly installed by visually inspecting the glow plug at the bottom of the burn pot inside the cookbox. The tip of the glow plug must be inserted through the pellet grate for proper operation.
10. Reconnect the glow plug assembly wire connector.
11. Reinstall the rear access panel.
12. Reinstall the heat baffle, heat diffuser, Flavorizer bars and cooking grates inside the cookbox.
13. Plug the power cord into the grill located underneath the hopper, then plug the grill into a power source.
14. Power on the grill and reset the glow plug within the main menu settings of the controller.