It is important to make sure your grill is fully preheated with the lid closed before adding food. After preheating, the heat will start to even out. When you open the lid, the SmokeFire engine will start running harder to keep the temperature up. When the lid is open, especially for extended periods of time, outside factors such as wind can redirect the flame and heat. It sounds simple, but please keep that lid closed for best results.
Articles in this section
- Shut down your SmokeFire grill
- Why is my grill not reaching the set temperature?
- Why are my pellets bunching up in the hopper?
- Why should I use Weber pellets?
- Why am I noticing uneven heat on my SmokeFire grill?
- Why is my flame blowing to one side of the grill?
- How do weather conditions impact the performance of my grill?
- Why am I seeing ash in my cookbox?
- Why am I seeing ash on the outside of my grill?
- Why am I seeing embers coming from the ash drawer on my grill?
- See more