You are seeing the protective shipping oil on the baffle, which is normal and expected. We assure you that it will not affect your grilling experience, nor is it harmful to you or the grill. Simply brush the flakes into the ash and grease drawer.
Articles in this section
- Why is my grill not reaching the set temperature?
- Why are my pellets bunching up in the hopper?
- Why should I use Weber pellets?
- Why am I noticing uneven heat on my SmokeFire grill?
- Why is my flame blowing to one side of the grill?
- How do weather conditions impact the performance of my grill?
- Why am I seeing ash in my cookbox?
- Why am I seeing ash on the outside of my grill?
- Why am I seeing embers coming from the ash drawer on my grill?
- Why does my heat baffle look like it's flaking?
- See more